- Gain an overview of incident management
- Expand your knowledge and understanding of the principles and functions of incident management in an emergency event
- Understand the benefits of using an effective incident management system and gain an awareness of the Incident Management Team responsibilities.
Why do you need to know about Incident Management?
It is important to understand incident management principles if you hold a position with emergency management responsibilities as this is the process that underpins how an emergency event is managed.
When will you apply this knowledge?
Incident management principles can be applied and adapted to emergency and non-emergency events, such as major sporting and cultural events, exhibitions and conferences.
It is primarily intended for response activities but can be adapted coordinating for recovery operations.
What is an incident ?
It is an event, occurrence or set of circumstances that:
- Has a definite spatial extent
- Has a definite duration
- Calls for human intervention
- Has a set of concluding conditions that can be defined
- Is or will be under control of an individual who has authority to make decisions about the means by which it will be brought to a resolution.
It is important to understand incident management principles if you hold a position in Tasmania with emergency management responsibilities as this is the process that underpins how an emergency event is managed. The video below provides an overview of Incident Management in Tasmania.