Resilient Australia Awards
The Resilient Australia Awards (RAAs) is a national program to recognise and promote initiatives which strengthen community disaster resilience across the nation.
The RAAs are open to everyone: individuals, not-for-profit organisations, small and large businesses, local and state government, schools, education institutions, research bodies and emergency service agencies.
Now in its 23rd year, the awards recognise outstanding contributions in each state and territory in seven categories: community, business, local government, government, school, mental health and photography. The program recognises a wide range of initiatives; with past projects centred on risk assessment and mitigation; education, training and research; and community engagement, as well as response and recovery.
The following entries were judged as winners of their applicable category for the Tasmanian State awards 2023.
- Resilient Australian Community Award – RANT Arts – For ‘Reclaim’
- Resilient Australia Australian Government Award – State Emergency Service – For ‘Tasmania Strategic Flood Map – Risk Assessment’
- Resilient Australia Mental Health and Wellbeing – RANT Arts – For ‘Harmony on Haig’
- Resilient Australia Business Award – University of Tasmania – For ‘Bushfires and Your Health: an online course for all Australians’
- Resilient Australia Photography Award – Blair Horgan – For ‘Family Matters’
For more information, please visit the Australian Institute for Disaster Resilience Resilient Australia Awards.