In Tasmania, a broad prevention and mitigation strategy for emergency management addresses hazard research, risk assessment and risk reduction. The strategy includes:
- maintaining partnerships across state government departments and between the three levels of government
- facilitating technical and consultative frameworks
- implementing ongoing community education and awareness programs
- making available and accessing funding support from Commonwealth and state funding programs for research, risk assessment and risk reduction activities
- refining and implementing land use planning policies and other guidelines that are particularly relevant areas which are subject to a significant risk from natural hazards and climate change.
We coordinate funding programs for emergency management. See more information on our funding programs and grants.