The State Emergency Service is encouraging Tasmanians to prepare their properties for damaging winds today.
“The State Emergency Service (SES) is urging Tasmanians to prepare their properties for winds with a Severe Weather Warning in place for today,” said SES Regional Manager South, Mark Nelson.
“With damaging winds forecast for most of the state overnight and increasing today, I ask all Tasmanians to take a moment to prepare their properties, which includes trying down loose items, including outdoor furniture and play equipment.
“We will have SES volunteer crews prepared and on standby to assist anyone affected by the forecast damaging winds, and I ask the community to help us by taking the time to prepare for the forecast hazards,” said Regional Manager Nelson.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Supervise children closely.
- Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings.
- Manage pets and livestock.
- Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment.
- Be prepared in case of power outages and report any outages to TasNetworks on 132 004.
- Park Cars undercover away from trees.
- Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
For SES assistance, visit ses.tas.gov.au or phone 132 500.
In an emergency, phone Triple Zero (000).