Tasmanian Bushfire Mitigation Grants Program (TBMGP)
The TBMGP is a competitive grants program that aims to support the implementation of the National Bushfire Mitigation Programme (NBMP) in this State. The TBMGP will promote and enable the implementation of long term bushfire mitigation strategies and better fuel reduction programs in Tasmania, including:
- Effective land management strategies and practices that result in better fuel reduction;
- Construction and maintenance of fire trails and associated accessibility measures;
- Implementation of cost-effective activities that reduce the impact of severe bushfires and promote community resilience, such as support for volunteers; or
- Generation of scientific information, including hazard mapping, to develop best-practice strategies for bushfire mitigation and mitigating the effects of bushfires on communities; or
- Improving and hardening of critical infrastructure.
To learn more about this program and/or apply for a grant under this program, please download the forms below or contact the Projects Coordinator on 03 6173 2958:
Note: Applications for the 2017-2018 round of the TBMGP are now open.
Applications close 31st
Bushfire Mitigation Grants Program Guidelines Size(473 kB) November 01 2016 Get Software
Bushfire Mitigation Grants Program Applicaton Form Size(445 kB) November 01 2016 Get Software